CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (June 21, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, dropped Thursday's series opener 4-2 to the Corpus Christi Hooks at Whataburger Field. BIG MOMENTS* The Riders grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth but Corpus Christi scored twice in both
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (June 21, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, dropped Thursday's series opener 4-2 to the Corpus Christi Hooks at Whataburger Field.
* The Riders grabbed a 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth but Corpus Christi scored twice in both the fourth and sixth innings to go ahead for good.
* Luis Yander La O went 2-for-3 with an RBI single, recording his third multi-hit game in the last four contests.
* Riders pitching allowed 14 hits but stranded 10 baserunners to keep the game close.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Luis Yander La O: 2-for-3, RBI
* Eliezer Álvarez: 1-for-3, BB, R, 2 SB
* Tyler Wagner: 6 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Reliever Adam Choplick recorded all three of his outs on strikeouts Thursday and has collected eight consecutive outs on punchouts.
* Michael O'Neill stole another base Thursday and has swiped his last 12 bags without getting caught.
Riders at Corpus Christi, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: TBA vs. LHP Framber Valdez (2-3, 5.16)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].