FRISCO, Texas (August 3, 2017) - Cy Sneed spun seven shutout frames for the Corpus Christi Hooks, who defeated the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, 4-1 Thursday night in the series opener at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Corpus Christi's Cy Sneed tossed seven shutout frames en
FRISCO, Texas (August 3, 2017) - Cy Sneed spun seven shutout frames for the Corpus Christi Hooks, who defeated the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, 4-1 Thursday night in the series opener at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Corpus Christi's Cy Sneed tossed seven shutout frames en route to victory. The Houston farmhand surrendered six hits and two walks with one strikeout.
- Ryne Birk led the Hooks at the plate with two of the team's three RBIs, blasting a solo home run and delivering an RBI single. The second baseman finished the night 3-4.
- Riders starter Collin Wiles turned in a quality start but took the loss, yielding three runs on six hits and a walk. Wiles struck out seven over 6 1/3 frames.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Jose Trevino: 3-4
- Royce Bolinger: 2-4
- Collin Wiles: 6 1/3 IP, 6 H 3 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
WHAT'S NEXTRiders vs. Corpus Christi, Friday, 7:05 p.m.Probables: RHP Pedro Payano (2-3, 4.24 ERA) vs. RHP Franklin Perez (1-1, 5.25 ERA)Tickets: Click hereVideo: MiLB.tvAudio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App About the RoughRidersThe Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrián González, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at [email protected] or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].###
- With two more hits Thursday, Royce Bolinger is 12-35 (.343) in his past nine games. In the span, Bolinger has collected four multi-hit games.
- Collin Wiles turned in his team-leading 11th quality start despite Thursday's loss.
- The Riders have tallied five runs in their past four games after scoring 16 runs in the four contests prior.