CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (July 18, 2018) - Tyler Davis tossed 4 2/3 innings of scoreless relief to lead the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-1 win over the Corpus Christi Hooks Wednesday at Whataburger Field.
* Davis entered after three scoreless innings from Brett Martin and allowed just four hits - all singles - while striking out four to earn his second win of the season.
* Martin escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the third to preserve a 1-0 lead.
* Eliezer Alvarez hit a solo homer on the second pitch of the game to stake an early advantage for the Riders.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Davis: 4 2/3 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K (W)
* Brett Martin: 3 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
* Destin Hood: 2-for-4, 2B, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders won their first series at Corpus Christi since July 2016.
* Destin Hood drove in seven runs in the final three games of the series.
* Michael O'Neill went 8-for-14 in the four-game set at Corpus Christi after entering 4-for-his-previous-40.
* Eight of Alvarez's last 10 hits are for extra bases (three doubles, three triples, two home runs).
Riders vs. San Antonio, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Edgar Arredondo (0-1, 4.91) vs. RHP Chris Paddack (1-1, 2.25)
Tickets: Click here
TV: Fox Sports Southwest, MiLB.tv
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.