FRISCO, Texas (July 10, 2019) - Michael De Leon hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth Wednesday, propelling the Riders to a 5-4 win over Corpus Christi and helping the club finish a sweep of the Hooks.
* De Leon singled with one out in the ninth, bringing home Charles Leblanc , who had singled to start the inning and advanced to third on a stolen base and wild pitch.
* Trailing 4-1 in the middle of the fifth, the Riders tied the game with a three-run fifth, highlighted by a game-tying two-run double from rehabber Isiah Kiner-Falefa .
* Three relievers combined to toss 4 2/3 scoreless innings, including escaping a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the eighth to preserve the tie.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Michael De Leon: 2-for-4, walk-off single
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-for-3, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
* James Jones: 2 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco notched its fifth walk-off win of the season Wednesday.
* Reliever James Jones has allowed one earned run in his last 24 innings (0.38 ERA), lowering his season ERA from 5.68 to 2.74.
Riders vs. Amarillo, Thursday, 7:05 pm
RHP Tyler Phillips (2-6, 7.19) vs. LHP Nick Margevicius (1-1, 3.32)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.