MIDLAND, Texas (May 6, 2017) - Despite a strong outing from starter James Dykstra , the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, sustained a walk-off, 3-2 defeat in Midland Saturday night at Security Bank Ballpark.
- Midland's Andy Paz delivered a walk-off RBI single in the bottom of the ninth, giving the Rockhounds the 3-2 victory.
- Starter James Dykstra delivered the fifth-straight quality start for the Riders, allowing just two runs (one earned) in six innings on seven hits, striking out four hitters without allowing a walk.
- Trailing 1-0 in the second, the Riders scored both of their runs on a RBI double from Matt Lipka and a fielder's choice from Kevin Torres .
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- James Dykstra: ND, 6 IP, 7 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 4 K
- Matt Lipka: 2-4, RBI double
- Jose Cardona: 3-4
NEWS AND NOTES
- The quality start from James Dykstra marked the fifth consecutive quality outing for a Riders starter but Frisco is 1-4 in those games.
- The bottom third of the Riders order (Matt Lipka, Michael De Leon and Kevin Torres) combined to go 5-12 with two RBIs and a run in Saturday's loss.
- Frisco is on a season-high four-game losing streak and has lost seven of its last eight games.
- Scott Heineman lost his 25-game on-base streak, going 0-5.
RoughRiders at Midland, Sunday, 2:00 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles (3-0, 2.90 ERA) vs. RHP Brett Graves (Double-A debut)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.