FRISCO, Texas (April 10, 2019) - The Frisco RoughRiders scored six runs in the eighth inning Wednesday to knock off Corpus Christi 10-5 and complete a sweep of the Hooks.
* Brendon Davis broke a 4-4 tie with a two-run double to left-center, collecting his first hit of the season in a big way.
* Eliezer Alvarez followed with a two-run double of his own later in the inning to add insurance.
* After falling behind 1-0 in the second, the Riders plated two tallies of their own in the bottom of the inning and another pair in the fifth to take a 4-1 lead.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI, R
* Juremi Profar: 1-for-2, 2 RBI, BB
* Wei-Chieh Huang: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's 5-1 start is tied with the 2008 and 2016 squads for the best six-game start in team history.
* The Riders scored at least 10 runs in all three games against Corpus Christi, plating 33 runs in the sweep.
* Alvarez has three hits each of his last two games and is currently on a five-game hitting streak.
Riders at Midland, Thursday, 7:00 pm
RHP Jonathan Hernandez (0-0, 1.59) vs. RHP Parker Dunshee (0-1, 5.40)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.