FRISCO, Texas (Feb. 25, 2019) - The Frisco RoughRiders unveiled their 2019 promotional schedule Monday, highlighted by a multitude of never-before-seen theme nights. Single-game tickets for these can't-miss nights go on-sale this Friday, March 1.
The full promotional schedule can be viewed here, and the RoughRiders are wasting no time getting the fun started, with two of the season's biggest theme nights coming in April.
How you doin'? On Friday, April 5, don't miss "The One With The RoughRiders": A Tribute To Friends, as the team pays tribute to the hit TV show. James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther on the show, will join the festivities and partake in a meet & greet, among other events. Fans can PIVOT! PIVOT! PIVOT! to the Bull Moose Saloon, which will be converted into Central Perk for the evening. Plus, Ross and Monica will be in the ballpark - that's right, Ross Lanford and Monica Man of the Riders sales staff will be taking photos and signing autographs for all interested fans.
The amazing April continues with the club's Multicultural Festival on Saturday, April 20. All night long, the Riders celebrate the plethora of different cultures and ethnicities that make Frisco and North Texas so diverse. The festivities include a pregame cricket demonstration, and the first 1,000 fans through the gates take home a Riders-themed cricket bat.
Another major theme night for 2019 is Dallas Stars Night on Saturday, August 10, celebrating the upcoming season, which includes the much-anticipated Winter Classsic. Full details about this memorable evening will be announced at a later date.
Fans will have 24 opportunities to enjoy postgame fireworks in 2019 with the return of Fireworks Friday and the introduction of Sky-Lit Saturday, presented by Lexus. The sky will also light up above Dr Pepper Ballpark on Opening Day (April 4) and on July 3 for an early Independence Day spectacle.
The promotional slate also includes a bevy of giveaways and other special evenings, including the return of the Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard every Thursday and a revamped version of Kids Sunday Funday, complete with a different theme each Sunday and enhanced play areas for kids and their families.
See below for other highlights of the 2019 promotional schedule.
* 90s Throwback Night, presented by Whiteclaw - April 19
* Tribute To Arlen Night - May 2
* Great Outdoors Night - May 4
* "House of Roosevelt" Night - May 17
* Texas Celebration Night - May 31
* Super Hero/First Responders Night - June 29
* Circle of Life Night: A Tribute to a Lion Cub - July 12
* Brooks' (team dog) Birthday Celebration - July 14
* Tribute to the Threaded Rod Night - July 25
* Acapella Night - July 27
* Nickelodeon Night - July 28
* FriscoStock - August 8
* Back to School / ESports Night - August 11
* Frisco Fyre Festival as part of Party @ The Yard - August 22
* State Fair Night featuring the return of the "Frisco Corny Dogs" - August 24
* Riders Coffee Mug ("The One With The RoughRiders") - April 5, first 1,500 fans (18 & older)
* Whataburger Calendar - April 7, first 2,000 fans
* Riders cricket bat (Multicultural Festival) - April 20, first 1,000 fans
* Riders camo hat (Great Outdoors Night) - May 4, first 1,500 fans
* Teddy Roosevelt riding a dragon bobblehead ("House of Roosevelt") - May 17, first 1,500 fans
* Kids jersey (Crayola Experience Plano Night) - June 16, first 500 kids
* Ronald Guzman bobblehead (Players Night) - June 30, first 1,500 fans
* Brooks bobblehead (Brooks' Birthday Celebration) - July 14, first 1,500 fans
* Teddy Roosevelt nutcracker (Christmas in July) - July 26, first 1,500 fans
OTHER SPECIAL NIGHTS
* Autism Awareness Night - April 7
* Girl Power Night - May 5
* Teacher Appreciation Nights - May 16 and May 30
* Military Appreciation Night - May 18
* Strikeout Cancer Nights, presented by UT Southwestern Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center - June 14, July 13 and August 23
* Whataburger Food Bank Night - June 15
* Nurse Appreciation Night - June 27
* Kids Sunday Funday
* Margarita Monday
* Half-off for Hunger (Tuesday)
* Weiner Wednesday, presented by Texas Chili Company
* Thirsty Thursday, featuring Party @ The Yard
* Fireworks Friday
* Sky-Lit Saturday (postgame fireworks), presented by Lexus
The 2019 season begins April 4 at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Single-game tickets go on-sale March 1 but fans can lock in their seats now by purchasing a season ticket membership or group hospitality package. For more information about the coming season, visit RidersBaseball.com or call (972) 731-9200.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.