FRISCO, Texas (May 31, 2019) - Jonathan Hernandez was masterful on the mound and Juremi Profar delivered a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th, sending the Riders to a 6-5 win over Corpus Christi Friday night.
* Hernandez logged his best start of the year, firing seven scoreless innings while allowing just three hits, no walks, and striking out 10.
* Profar's walk-off single followed two scoreless innings of relief from Locke St. John , who earned the win.
* The Riders built a 4-0 lead after six on a two-run double from Tony Sanchez and a two-run homer from Andretty Cordero before Corpus Christi rallied with a grand slam in the eighth to force extras.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jonathan Hernandez: 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
* Locke St. John: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (W)
* Juremi Profar: 1-for-4, walk-off single, 2 BB
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders played into the 12th inning for the first time this year and the second time since the new Minor League extra-innings rules were enacted last year. Frisco is now 6-3 in extra-innings this season.
* Friday's attendance of 11,057 was a new season-high for the Riders.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Saturday, 7:05 pm
RHP Tyler Phillips (0-2, 7.82) vs. RHP Bryan Abreu (1-0, 4.03)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Radio: Sportsradio 1310/96.7 The Ticket, RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.