FRISCO, Texas (June 3, 2018) - Luis Yander La O delivered a walk-off single to cap his huge night as the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, won the series finale over the Arkansas Travelers 5-4 in 10 innings Sunday evening at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS* La O
FRISCO, Texas (June 3, 2018) - Luis Yander La O delivered a walk-off single to cap his huge night as the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, won the series finale over the Arkansas Travelers 5-4 in 10 innings Sunday evening at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* La O secured the win on a walk-off single in the tenth to score Michael O'Neill from third.
* Prior to his end-of-game heroics, La O tied the game with a three-run homer in the bottom of the fifth, his first long ball of the season.
* Josh Morgan delivered the first Frisco run on an RBI single in the third, tying the game 1-1.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
Luis Yander La O: 3-for-4, HR, 2B, 4 RBI
Josh Morgan: 1-for-3, RBI
Correlle Prime : 2-for-4, R
Jeffrey Springs : 2 1/3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* La O's four RBIs tied a career-high.
* Jeffrey Springs has not allowed a runs his last 8 1/3 innings of work. The lefty struck out at least five hitters in an outing for the fourth time in his 17 games.
* The Riders improved to 3-3 in extra innings this season.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Pedro Payano (2-4, 4.60) vs. RHP Corbin Martin (1-1, 2.96)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].