FRISCO, Texas (May 5, 2019) - Charles Leblanc continued his electric start to the season Sunday, going 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI in an 8-6 loss to the Springfield Cardinals.SYNOPSIS* Leblanc collected his third consecutive multi-hit game Sunday, pushing his hitting streak to 11 games.* Trailing 6-5 in the
FRISCO, Texas (May 5, 2019) - Charles Leblanc continued his electric start to the season Sunday, going 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI in an 8-6 loss to the Springfield Cardinals.
* Leblanc collected his third consecutive multi-hit game Sunday, pushing his hitting streak to 11 games.
* Trailing 6-5 in the eighth, Leblanc produced a game-tying sacrifice fly before Springfield took the lead for good in the ninth.
* Rangers rehabber Ronald Guzmán went 1-for-5 with a single in the second game of his rehab assignment.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Charles Leblanc: 3-for-4, 2B, RBI, 2 R
* Preston Beck: 2-for-3, 2B, RBI, BB, R
* Ronald Guzmán: 1-for-5 (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* With his big day at the plate, Leblanc took over the Texas League lead in average (.374).
* Leblanc is hitting .383 on his current 11-game hitting streak.
Riders vs. Springfield, Monday, 7:05 pm
RHP Esmerling Vasquez (0-0, 2.70) vs. RHP Williams Pérez (2-1, 5.81)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].