FRISCO, Texas (April 22, 2018) - Left-handed pitcher Brett Martin struck out nine batters as part of a solid outing Sunday, but the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Rangers fell 8-6 in the series finale against the Corpus Christi Hooks at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS
Martin recorded each of his first
FRISCO, Texas (April 22, 2018) - Left-handed pitcher Brett Martin struck out nine batters as part of a solid outing Sunday, but the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Rangers fell 8-6 in the series finale against the Corpus Christi Hooks at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Martin recorded each of his first four outs on strikeouts and fanned nine Corpus Christi hitters in five innings of work.
- In a back-and-forth game, the Hooks took the lead for good with a three-run homer off the bat of Yordan Alvarez in the top of the eighth that put Corpus Christi ahead 7-6.
- Trailing 4-0 early, the Riders rallied to tie the game with a four-run fifth, highlighted by a two-run double from Correlle Prime . Frisco grabbed a 6-4 lead with two tallies in the seventh before the Hooks rallied late to take the finale.
NEWS AND NOTES
- Brett Martin: 5 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 9 K
- Michael O'Neill: 2-for-5, 2B, RBI, R
- Luis Marté: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 R
WHAT'S NEXTRiders at San Antonio, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
- Martin's nine strikeouts were the most by a Riders pitcher this year.
- The Riders turned 10 double plays in the four-game set against the Hooks.
- O'Neill extended his on-base streak to nine games in Sunday's defeat.
Probables: RHP Richelson Peña (1-1, 2.89) vs. RHP Miguel Diaz (1-1, 2.16)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App About the RoughRiders The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at[email protected] or Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]