TULSA, Okla. (July 8, 2018) - Luis Mendez and Eliezer Álvarez hit back-to-back homers Sunday for the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, in a 10-5 loss to the Tulsa Drillers at ONEOK Field.BIG MOMENTS* Trailing 2-0 in the fifth, the back-to-back homers put the Riders ahead 3-2.*
TULSA, Okla. (July 8, 2018) - Luis Mendez and Eliezer Álvarez hit back-to-back homers Sunday for the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, in a 10-5 loss to the Tulsa Drillers at ONEOK Field.
* Trailing 2-0 in the fifth, the back-to-back homers put the Riders ahead 3-2.
* Tulsa retook the lead in the bottom of the fifth and expanded the lead with a four-run sixth.
* Alvarez finished 3-for-5 with two RBIs and two runs, notching his fifth game with at least three hits this season.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-5, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
* Luis Mendez: 1-for-4, HR, 2 RBI
* Carlos Garay: 2-for-4, 2 R
NEWS AND NOTES
* All five Riders runs scored with two outs Sunday. The club has 40 of its last 79 runs with two outs.
* Mendez extended his season-long hitting streak to six games with the home run.
Riders at Tulsa, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Justin Topa (0-1, 5.27) vs. TBA
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].