CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (June 23, 2017) - Michael O'Neill and Michael De Leon teamed up to drive in the game-tying and go-ahead runs in the sixth inning, vaulting the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a come-from-behind 3-2 win over the Corpus Christi Hooks Friday night at Whataburger Field.
- Michael De Leon erased a 2-1 deficit with a game-tying, RBI double in the sixth. Michael O'Neill followed with a sacrifice fly on the next pitch to put Frisco ahead for good by a score of 3-2.
- Reed Garrett escaped a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the ninth to earn the save. Garrett induced a 4-2-3 double play before striking out Ramon Laureano to secure the victory.
- The Hooks rallied to take a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the fifth, scoring on Kyle Tucker's RBI fielder's choice and J.D. Davis' run-scoring single.
- Scott Heineman's two-out RBI double to left field broke the scoreless tie in the third inning, giving the Riders an early 1-0 advantage.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Michael De Leon: 2-4, double, RBI, run
- Michael O'Neill: 1-3, sac fly, RBI, walk
- Scott Heineman: 2-4, double, RBI, walk, stolen base
NEWS AND NOTES
- The Riders have won four of their past five games, and five of their past eight. Frisco is 3-1 to begin the second half and has sole possession of first place in the South Division's second-half standings.
- Frisco and Corpus Christi combined to go 4-25 with runners in scoring position, stranding 23 runners. Corpus Christi left the bases loaded three times, including in the ninth.
- Scott Heineman has reached safely in 20 of his last 32 plate appearances, extending his on-base streak to 11 games.
- Andy Ibanez snapped a 2-22 drought, going 2-4 Friday for his eighth multi-hit game of the season.
RoughRiders at Corpus Christi, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles (6-3, 3.55 ERA) vs. RHP Brock Dykxhoorn (1-4, 5.47 ERA)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.