MIDLAND, Texas (May 11, 2019) - Midland scored five runs in the sixth to break a 2-2 tie and hand the RoughRiders a 7-2 defeat Saturday night.
* Midland's big inning came right after the Riders had rallied to tie the game on a two-out RBI single from Preston Beck .
* Frisco's other run came on a RBI single from Juremi Profar in the first.
* Starter Pedro Payano fired five strong innings, yielding two runs on four hits, in a no-decision.
* Peter Fairbanks tossed a perfect eighth inning with two strikeouts in his Double-A debut.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Pedro Payano: 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
* Christian Lopes: 2-for-4, 2B, 2 R
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders scored both of their runs Saturday with two outs and have plated their last eight runs with two down.
Riders at Midland, Sunday, 2:00 pm
RHP Edgar Arredondo (3-1, 5.76) vs. RHP Daulton Jeffries (0-0, 3.00)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.