FRISCO, Texas (July 10, 2018) - An action-packed Thursday night highlights the Frisco RoughRiders return home this week. The Riders will host a brief four-game homestand Wednesday through Saturday at Dr Pepper Ballpark. All four games will start at 7:05 p.m.
As part of Thursday's activities, the Riders are hosting the latest edition of the Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard. For just $10, fans get access to the BIGGEST party in North Texas, featuring $1 beers, a vast selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and a great social scene. Take the party to the Choctaw Lazy River for only $39. In addition to drink specials at the Party @ The Yard, Thirsty Thursday specials will be available throughout the park from 6-8 p.m., featuring $1 domestic beers, $2 crafts and $1 Dr Pepper products.
To cap off the evening, rising country music star and former Bachelorette contestant Luke Pell returns to Dr Pepper Ballpark for the second time this year and will perform a free concert for all fans after the game.
In addition to the jam-packed slate of events on Thursday, the Riders have more excitement planned throughout the weekend, including Game of Thrones Night on Friday. All night long, the club pays tribute to the hit show. To cap off the evening, fans can enjoy a sparkling postgame fireworks show from the field.
The homestand concludes Saturday night with an Elvis Andrus "The King" bobblehead giveaway for the first 1,500 fans. Saturday is also Players Night and the Riders will be suiting up in special jerseys with player-selected nicknames on the back. The evening ends in style with another Saturday Postgame Party in the Bull Moose Saloon.
Here's a full breakdown of what to expect this homestand at Dr Pepper Ballpark:
Wednesday, July 11 vs. San Antonio (Padres), 7:05 p.m.
* Weiner Wednesday, presented by Texas Chili Company: Chow down on $1 hot dogs all night long.
* Kids Run The Bases: Youngsters get to take a lap around the diamond after the game.
Thursday, July 12 vs. San Antonio, 7:05 p.m.
* Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ The Yard: Experience the BIGGEST party in North Texas! For just $10, enjoy access to $1 beers, a wide selection of food trucks, tailgate games, non-stop music and more (fans 21 & older only).
* Free postgame concert with Luke Pell: Rising country music star and former Bachelorette contestant will be on hand after the game for a free concert.
* Thirsty Thursday: Sip away on $1 domestic draft beers, $2 craft and import beers and $1 Dr Pepper products from 6-8 p.m.
* Kids Run The Bases: Kids get a chance to run the same bases as the Riders after the game.
* Riders on TV: Watch the game live on Fox Sports Southwest.
Friday, July 13 vs. San Antonio, 7:05 p.m.
* Game of Thrones Night: Winter is coming…in July. The Riders pay tribute to the popular show throughout the evening.
* Fireworks Friday, presented by Medical City Frisco: Fans can watch a sparkling fireworks show from the field after the game.
Saturday, July 14 vs. San Antoino, 7:05 p.m.
* Elvis Andrus "The King" bobblehead: Available for the first 1,500 fans through the gates.
* Players Night: The Riders will wear special jerseys, highlighted by player-chosen nicknames on the back. The jerseys will be auctioned throughout the night to benefit the RoughRiders Foundation.
* Saturday Post-Game Party: Enjoy live music, with half-price drinks starting in the ninth inning at the Bull Moose Saloon.
* Riders on the radio: Listen to Saturday's game on Sportsradio 1310/96.7 FM The Ticket if you can't make it to the ballpark.
For tickets to these games and other remaining home games during the Riders 15th Anniversary Season, visit RidersBaseball.com, call (972) 731-9200 or visit the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.