FRISCO, Texas (July 11, 2019) - After a tough beginning to his outing, Tyler Phillips finished strong but the Riders fell 5-3 to Amarillo in the series opener.
* After allowing a walk and a home run two batters into the game, Phillips finished by retiring 15 of the final 18 he faced, including each of the final eight batters he encountered.
* The Riders collected a run in the second inning on an RBI double from Yonny Hernandez and pulled within two runs in the eighth on a two-run single from Preston Beck .
* Rehabbers Isiah Kiner-Falefa (1-for-2, 2B, BB, HBP, R) and Hunter Pence (0-for-3, BB) played for the Riders Thursday night to continue their rehab assignments.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
* Yonny Hernandez: 1-for-2, 2B, RBI, BB
* Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-for-2, 2B, BB, HBP, R (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Phillips has allowed three earned runs or fewer in three of his last four starts.
* Hernandez extended his hitting streak to six games and his on-base spurt to 11 contests.
Riders vs. Amarillo, Friday, 7:05 pm
LHP Brock Burke (0-4, 4.18) vs. LHP Adrian Morejon (0-4, 4.78)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.