FRISCO, Texas (May 20, 2019) - Tyler Phillips delivered a quality start in his Dr Pepper Ballpark debut but the Riders were tripped up by Midland 2-1 Monday night.
* Phillips tossed 6 1/3 innings, allowing his only two runs on a two-out homer in the third. The righty struck out six and didn't walk anyone.
* The Riders staged a ninth-inning rally, closing within 2-1 on an RBI single from Brendon Davis but couldn't complete the comeback.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 6 1/3 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
* Brendon Davis: 3-for-4, 2B, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Phillips collected his fifth quality start of the season in eight outings between Frisco and Advanced-A Down East. He also did not allow a walk for the fifth time.
Riders vs. Midland, Tuesday, 11:05 am
RHP Esmerling Vasquez (0-2, 7.00) vs. RHP Kyle Friedrichs (0-0, 0.00)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.