MIDLAND, Texas (May 12, 2019) - Powered by a three-RBI day from Juremi Profar , the RoughRiders capped a series win in Midland Sunday with a 7-5, 10-inning win over the RockHounds.
* Profar put the Riders ahead for good with an RBI double in the top of the 10th. He had previously given the club the lead in the eighth on a sac fly before Midland re-tied the game to force extras.
* The Riders tacked on insurance runs in the 10th thanks to RBI singles from Eliezer Alvarez and Andretty Cordero .
* Relievers James Jones , Blake Bass and Walker Weickel combined to allow one earned run on three hits in 3 2/3 innings to help seal the win.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Juremi Profar: 3-for-4, 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R
* Andretty Cordero: 2-for-4, 2 RBI
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-5, RBI, 2 R
* Edgar Arredondo: 6 1/3 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
* Blake Bass: 1 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco improved to 3-1 in extra innings with Sunday's win.
* The Riders have won four of their first five road series this year and are 12-7 overall away from Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Weickel struck out the side in the 10th to log his first-career save.
* Michael De Leon went 3-for-5 Sunday and finished the four-game set 9-for-17 with four doubles.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Monday, 6:15 pm
RHP Jonathan Hernandez (2-2, 7.18) vs. RHP Brandon Bailey (0-1, 4.57)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.