CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (July 15, 2018) - In one of the wilder games of the year, the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, stormed back on numerous occasions to take down the Corpus Christi Hooks 9-7 in Sunday's series opener at Whataburger Field.BIG MOMENTS* Trailing 7-6 entering the
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (July 15, 2018) - In one of the wilder games of the year, the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, stormed back on numerous occasions to take down the Corpus Christi Hooks 9-7 in Sunday's series opener at Whataburger Field.
* Trailing 7-6 entering the ninth, the Riders tied the game on a RBI single from Luis Yander La O , took the lead on a double play ball and added insurance with an RBI single from Luis Mendez .
* The Riders enjoyed five different leads in Sunday's game and also overcame three different deficits along the way. The game was tied on five occasions.
* Eliezer Álvarez paced the Riders with a 4-for-5 performance, which included a home run, two RBIs and three runs. Mendez, meanwhile, recorded his second consecutive three-hit night and drove in runs during each of his final two at-bats.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Eliezer Alvarez: 4-for-5, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 3 R, SB
* Luis Yander La O: 2-for-4, 2 RBI, BB, SB
* Luis Mendez: 3-for-4, 2 RBI, BB, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Six different players recorded multiple hits in Sunday's victory.
* The Riders won for just the second time this season when trailing after eight innings.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Justin Topa (0-2, 6.63) vs. RHP Akeem Bostick (1-2, 3.81)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].