FRISCO, Texas (July 24, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, fell to the Midland RockHounds 11-5 in 10 innings Wednesday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.BIG MOMENTS* Midland drove in seven runs in the tenth to secure the victory.* The Riders overcame a 2-1 deficit in the
FRISCO, Texas (July 24, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, fell to the Midland RockHounds 11-5 in 10 innings Wednesday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Midland drove in seven runs in the tenth to secure the victory.
* The Riders overcame a 2-1 deficit in the sixth, scoring three runs to take the lead. Luis Yander La O tied the game with an RBI single and Destin Hood delivered a two-run moonshot homer to give Frisco a 4-2 lead.
* Riders starter Edgar Arredondo moved past a two-run first to turn in his first quality start with the Riders. Arredondo allowed just five hits in 6 2/3 innings and retired the final 13 batters he faced.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
Edgar Arredondo: 6 2/3 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Destin Hood: 2-for-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, R
* Juremi Profar: 1-for-4, HR, RBI, R
* Luis Yander La O: 2-for-4, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Hood is batting .328 with seven homers and 21 RBIs in his last 17 games.
* Juremi Profar has collected 20 RBIs in his last 21 games.
Riders at San Antonio, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Yohander Méndez (0-0, 7.11) vs. RHP Cal Quantrill (6-5, 5.21)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].