FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 25, 2019) - For the third time in four games, the Riders played into extra innings and came away with a victory, knocking off Springfield 8-7 in 10 innings Monday night.SYNOPSIS* Trailing 7-5 in the ninth, the Riders rallied to tie the game, capped by a two-out RBI
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 25, 2019) - For the third time in four games, the Riders played into extra innings and came away with a victory, knocking off Springfield 8-7 in 10 innings Monday night.
* Trailing 7-5 in the ninth, the Riders rallied to tie the game, capped by a two-out RBI single from Brendon Davis .
* Andretty Cordero had an RBI single as part of a three-run 10th and also homered in a four-run third. His 81 RBIs continue to lead all Double-A hitters.
* Charles Leblanc homered for the second game in a row and finished with his 32nd multi-hit game of the year.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Andretty Cordero: 2-for-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R
* Charles Leblanc: 2-for-5, HR, RBI, 2 R
* Brendon Davis: 2-for-4, RBI, 2 R
* Tyler Phillips: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R (2 ER), 2 BB, 3 K
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders improved to 9-3 in extra-inning games with Monday's win.
Riders at Springfield, Tuesday, 6:30 pm
RHP Richelson Peña (0-4, 5.53) vs. RHP Angel Rondon (6-4, 3.23)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 15 seasons (2005-2019). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 160 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including current Rangers players Elvis Andrus, Nomar Mazara and Joey Gallo. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].