FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 11, 2019) - A gem from Jason Bahr helped the RoughRiders cap a four-game sweep of first-place Amarillo with a 6-0 victory over the Sod Poodles Sunday at Dr Pepper BallparkSYNOPSIS* Bahr twirled six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while striking out six to earn the win.*
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 11, 2019) - A gem from Jason Bahr helped the RoughRiders cap a four-game sweep of first-place Amarillo with a 6-0 victory over the Sod Poodles Sunday at Dr Pepper Ballpark
* Bahr twirled six scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while striking out six to earn the win.
* The Riders provided early run support with a three-run homer from Eliezer Álvarez in the first and a RBI single from Yonny Hernandez in the second.
* Leody Taveras and Eliezer Alvarez each recorded three hits in the victory.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jason Bahr: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K (W)
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-3, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB, 2 R
* Leody Taveras: 3-for-5, 3B, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's four-game sweep was the club's first in 2019. The Riders have won six of their last seven series.
* Sunday's win brought the Riders within 2.5 games of Amarillo with 22 games remaining in the second half.
* The club's six-game winning streak is tied for the longest spurt this season (also April 8-13).
* In the four-game set against Amarillo, Riders pitching allowed just four runs on 15 hits.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Monday, 6:15 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (2-2, 5.79) vs. RHP Yohan Ramirez (2-4, 5.40)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]rsBaseball.com.