FRISCO, Texas (August 31, 2018) - With 11,837 fans packed into Dr Pepper Ballpark, the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, overcame a 3-0 deficit to beat the Corpus Christi Hooks 5-4 and keep their postseason hopes alive Friday.
* Preston Beck put Frisco on top for the first time on an RBI fielder's choice in the eighth.
* Juremi Profar knotted the game 4-4 with a two-run home run in the sixth.
* Friday's attendance of 11,837 marked the 10th-largest in franchise history. Each of the top 10 crowds has come since the start of the 2015 season, coinciding with the first full season of operation under the Greenberg Sports Group.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Juremi Profar: 1-for-3, HR, 2 RBI. R
* Carlos Garay: 3-for-4, 2B, R
* Taylor Hearn: 5 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 8 K
* Walker Weickel: 3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
* Delino DeShields: 1-for-3, BB (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders moved back within 1.5 games of first-place Corpus Christi with three games remaining.
* The Riders finished the season with an average of 6,886 fans per game in their 70 home games at Dr Pepper Ballpark, topping the 2017 average of 6,812.
Riders at Midland, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Brett Martin (2-9, 6.70) vs.TBA
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.