FRISCO, Texas (August 19, 2018) - Led by a magnificent performance from Double-A newcomer Franklin Rollin, the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, split a doubleheader with the Northwest Arkansas Naturals Sunday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.GAME ONE - Naturals 6 Riders 3BIG MOMENTS* After falling behind 3-0, the
FRISCO, Texas (August 19, 2018) - Led by a magnificent performance from Double-A newcomer Franklin Rollin, the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, split a doubleheader with the Northwest Arkansas Naturals Sunday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
GAME ONE - Naturals 6 Riders 3
* After falling behind 3-0, the Riders tied the game with home runs from Destin Hood and Luis Mendez in the fourth.
* Northwest Arkansas scored three unanswered runs in the final three innings to clinch the series.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Destin Hood: 2-for-3, HR, RBI
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-3
GAME TWO - Riders 6 Naturals 5
* In just his second game with the Riders, Rollin stole the show, going 3-for-3 with a game-tying homer in the fifth and the decisive RBI double in the sixth.
* Wei-Chieh Huang worked three strong innings of relief to earn his first win since joining the Rangers organization on July 31 and Adam Parks tossed a perfect ninth inning to earn his second save.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Franklin Rollin: 3-for-3, 2B, HR, 3 RBI
* Michael De Leon: 2-for-2, RBI, BB
* Wei-Chieh Huang: 3 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders currently sit 4.5 games out of first place with 14 games remaining in the regular season
* Michael De Leon recorded his team-leading 32nd multi-hit game of the season in game two.
Riders at San Antonio, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: LHP Wes Benjamin (3-5, 4.37) vs. TBA
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].