FRISCO, Texas (July 13, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, split a doubleheader with the San Antonio Missions Friday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.GAME ONE - San Antonio 4 Frisco 1BIG MOMENTS* Luis Mendez drove in the Riders only run with an RBI single in the
FRISCO, Texas (July 13, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, split a doubleheader with the San Antonio Missions Friday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
GAME ONE - San Antonio 4 Frisco 1
* Luis Mendez drove in the Riders only run with an RBI single in the seventh.
* The San Antonio offense opened the first frame with three consecutive hits to claim a 2-0 advantage.
* Brett Martin delivered two innings of scoreless relief, striking out four.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Luis Mendez: 1-for-3, RBI
* Brett Martin: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
* Destin Hood: 2-for-3
GAME TWO - Frisco 2 San Antonio 1
* Edgar Arredondo made his second strong start at Double-A, tossing five innings of two-hit ball and striking out three. He escaped a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the second before stranding a leadoff triple in the fifth.
* After losing a 1-0 lead in the top of the sixth, the Riders reclaimed it immediately in the bottom of the frame, scoring the decisive run on a RBI groundout from Luis Yander La O.
* Eliezer Álvarez collected both hits for the Riders with a pair of triples.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Edgar Arredondo: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
* Eliezer Alvarez: 2-for-3, 2 3B, 2 R
* Michael De Leon: 0-for-3, RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Riders pitchers stranded eight Missions in each game of the doubleheader, keeping the bases loaded on three different occasions.
* Alvarez became the 10th player in franchise history to triple twice in a game and the first since Michael O'Neill last August.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Saturday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Jonathan Hernández (1-3, 7.01) vs. RHP Cal Quantrill (6-4, 4.32)
Tickets: Click here
Radio: Sportsradio 1310/96.7 FM The Ticket, RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].