SAN ANTONIO, Texas (July 26, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, outlasted the San Antonio Missions 6-5 in an back-and-forth battle Thursday night at Nelson Wolff Stadium.BIG MOMENTS* Luis Yander La O scored the decisive run on a wild pitch in the eighth. He also
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (July 26, 2018) - The Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, outlasted the San Antonio Missions 6-5 in an back-and-forth battle Thursday night at Nelson Wolff Stadium.
* Luis Yander La O scored the decisive run on a wild pitch in the eighth. He also provided two of the first three RBIs for the Riders.
* Destin Hood drilled his second home run in as many games to tie the game 4-4 in the seventh. Michael De Leon put the Riders back on top 5-4 with an RBI single later in the inning.
* Thursday's game featured three different ties as the teams jockeyed back and forth throughout the night. The Riders had the lead on four different occasions.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Luis Yander La O: 3-for-4, 2B, 2 RBI, R
Michael De Leon: 3-for-4, RBI, 2 R
Destin Hood: 1-for-4, HR, RBI, R
* Preston Beck: 1-for-4, 2B, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders moved into a tie for first place in the second-half standings with their win and Corpus Christi's loss.
* Hood has homered eight times and driven in 22 runs across the last 18 games.
* Reed Garrett registered his 14th [RR1] save, tops in the Texas League.
Riders at San Antonio, Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Jonathan Hernández (2-3, 5.97) vs. RHP Lake Bachar (1-4, 5.25)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]m