FRISCO, Texas (July 2, 2017) - Jose Trevino delivered a career-high five RBIs Sunday, leading the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 8-4 win in the series opener over the Springfield Cardinals at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- Jose Trevino broke a 4-4 tie with an RBI single in the bottom of the eighth, putting the Riders ahead for good.
- Trevino had the first five Frisco RBIs Sunday, including two on a home run in the second inning.
- Trailing 4-1 in the seventh, the Cardinals rallied for three runs to tie the game, highlighted by a two-run homer from John Nogowski .
- Tyler Davis dazzled on the mound for the Riders in his Double-A debut, allowing one run on four hits in six innings.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Jose Trevino: 3-4, home run, five RBIs, two runs
- Luke Tendler: 2-3, two doubles, walk, three runs
- Tyler Davis: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
NEWS AND NOTES
- In addition to his career-high five RBIs, Jose Trevino also tied season-highs in hits (3) and runs (2)
- The quality start from Tyler Davis was the second in a row by a Riders starter after Frisco had gone seven consecutive games without a quality start.
- Davis tied a career-high with six innings, having worked no longer than five frames prior to Sunday.
- Scott Heineman extended his on-base streak to 18 games with a single in the sixth inning.
Riders vs. Springfield, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles (6-4, 3.83 ERA) vs. RHP Chris Ellis (0-3, 5.09 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.