MIDLAND, Texas (August 28, 2017) - Tyler Davis shut out Midland over 6 2/3 three-hit frames, sending the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, to a 4-1 win and a three-game sweep over the RockHounds Monday night at Security Bank Ballpark.
- Tyler Davis spun 6 2/3 scoreless frames for the victory, striking out four. The righty allowed three hits and no walks, just hours after earning the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week honor.
- Luke Tendler cranked a home run in the ninth inning, adding insurance to make it 4-1.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa tripled and scored on Scott Heineman's RBI single in the fourth, giving the Riders a 1-0 lead. Jose Trevino's run-scoring single in the sixth pushed the lead to 2-0.
- Jake Diekman allowed one run on two hits in the eighth inning, tossing seven strikes and seven balls in his fifth rehab appearance (fourth with the Riders).
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Tyler Davis: W, 6 2/3 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- Luke Tendler: 2-3, double, home run, RBI, run, walk
- Scott Heineman: 2-4, RBI, run
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa: 1-3, triple, RBI, run
NEWS AND NOTES
- With 6 2/3 scoreless innings Monday, Tyler Davis has compiled 15 2/3 consecutive scoreless innings, the longest streak recorded by a Riders pitcher this season.
- Scott Heineman extended his hitting streak to nine games and his on-base streak to 15 games with two singles.
- The Riders finished the season's final road trip with a 5-2 record, posting a team ERA of 2.33.
- Frisco closed the road trip on a four-game winning streak, tied for the team's longest spurt this season.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Tuesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles (9-10, 4.39 ERA) vs. RHP Akeem Bostick (4-6, 5.21 ERA)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio App, MiLB First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing nearly $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 130 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.