FRISCO, Texas (May 21, 2019) - Esmerling Vasquez held Midland in check and the Riders cranked three home runs in a 7-6 win over the RockHounds Tuesday afternoon.
* Vasquez yielded just one hit - a leadoff double in the sixth - across 5 1/3 scoreless innings to earn his first win of the season.
* Juremi Profar and Josh Altmann homered in the fourth, and Alex Kowalczyk crushed a two-run shot in the seventh to help the Riders establish a 7-0 lead.
* Elvis Andrus went 0-for-3 with two groundouts and a strikeout to begin his rehab assignment with the Riders.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Esmerling Vasquez: 5 1/3 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 4 BB, 3 K (W)
* Josh Altmann: 2-for-3, HR, 2 RBI
* Alex Kowalczyk: 2-for-3, HR, 2 RBI
NEWS AND NOTES
* Profar had two hits Tuesday, his eighth multi-hit game in the last 17 contests. He is now tied for the team lead with 15 multi-hit games on the year.
* Eliezer Alvarez extended his on-base streak to 12 games.
Riders vs. Midland, Wednesday, 11:05 am
LHP Joe Palumbo (0-0, 3.55) vs. RHP Daulton Jefferies (0-1, 3.75)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.