FRISCO, Texas (June 10, 2018) - Tyler Wagner turned in six sensational innings in his debut for the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, in a 4-2 win over the Midland RockHounds Sunday at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
* Wagner was perfect through his first three innings and allowed just one earned run on two hits through five frames.
* The Riders broke a 2-2 tie in the seventh with an RBI from Chuck Moorman .
* Relievers Jeffrey Springs and Reed Garrett struck out eight batters in three scoreless innings to seal the win.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Wagner: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 4 K
* Jeffrey Springs: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-4, RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* The Riders stole three bases Sunday and have swiped 15 bags in the last nine games.
* Springs ran his season total to 64 strikeouts, second-most in the Rangers farm system.
* Michael O'Neill nudged his on-base streak to 16 games with two hits Sunday.
Riders vs. Midland, Monday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: TBA vs. LHP Jesus Luzardo (2-3, 4.30)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.