LAWRENCEVILLE, GA - The Gwinnett Braves, Triple-A affiliate of the Atlanta Braves, are seeking enthusiastic individuals to be a part of the Promotions and Entertainment Team for the 2013 season. For the first time ever, the G-Braves will be hosting live auditions for the coveted spots. The auditions will take place on Wednesday, February 20 from 6 to 7 PM at the Aurora Theatre in downtown Lawrenceville.
As ambassadors of the Gwinnett Braves, the Promotions and Entertainment Team ("Promo Team" for short) will perform a variety of functions both inside and outside of Coolray Field.
Promo Team Job Responsibilities Include:
- Performing in front of large crowds, including "choreographed" skits, routines and cheers
- Assisting with ceremonies and festivities before and after home games
- Assisting with contests and promotions on the field during home games
- Distributing giveaway items and marketing materials during home games
- Escorting the team mascot, Chopper the Groundhog, throughout the ballpark
- Grassroots marketing efforts and community outreach at events and festivals
- Setting up and supervising inflatable games
Candidates must be at least 17 years of age and able to work on a part-time basis from March until early September. Reliable transportation to and from Coolray Field is also required. Each candidate must exhibit an outgoing and personable personality, as well as good problem-solving skills and quick thinking abilities. The position also requires members to work on their feet for hours at a time and ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
The audition process will include simple improv and creative thinking, informal dancing and an interview. Interested candidates must pre-register by filling out an employment application (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD) and submitting it along with a resume to email@example.com. For questions or more information, call 678-277-0313.
The Gwinnett Braves open their fifth season of play on Thursday, April 4, 2013 as they host the Charlotte Knights for a 7:05 PM contest at Coolray Field. For more information on G-Braves Season Tickets, Luxury Suites, Group Outings and more, contact the Coolray Field Box Office at 678-277-0340.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.