LAWRENCEVILLE, GA - The Gwinnett Stripers have announced a fresh and exciting Promotional Schedule for the 2018 season. The team's first year playing under a new bass fishing-themed identity will feature 12 Post-Game Fireworks displays, four Bobblehead Giveaways and numerous other promotions and theme nights.
The night sky over Coolray Field will light up 12 times in 2018. Fireworks will follow games on April 12 (Opening Night), April 27, May 12 (Star Wars Night), May 28 (Memorial Day), June 9 (Superhero Night), June 22, July 4 (Independence Day), July 6, July 20, August 3, August 17 and September 1.
The Stripers are partnering with Coolray Heating & Cooling to give away four unique bobbleheads to the first 2,500 fans attending games on April 14, May 12, June 9 and July 21. Giveaways include:
- Stripers "Fishtail" Bobble (April 14) - A twist on the conventional bobblehead, this bass modeled after the Stripers primary logo features a bobbling tail.
- Ozzie Albies "Star Wars" Bobblehead (May 12) - 2017 International League All-Star Ozzie Albies' bobblehead is the highlight of Star Wars Night.
- Ronald Acuña "Superhero" Bobblehead (June 9) - 2017 Baseball America Minor League Player of the Year and Atlanta Braves' No. 1 prospect Ronald Acuña becomes truly incredible for Superhero Night.
- Mike Foltynewicz Bobblehead (July 21) - Atlanta Braves' starter Mike Foltynewicz, a member of the Gwinnett pitching staff in 2015 and 2016, is immortalized in bobblehead form.
The Stripers have also announced a new fishing-centric set of Weekly Promotions:
- Military Monday - Active or retired military members will receive two Infield Box seats for the price of one when they present their military ID card at the Ticket Office.
- Reel Deal Tuesday - All Dugout seats are two for the price of one each Tuesday.
- Worm Wednesday - All fans who present a valid state-issued fishing license at the Ticket Office will receive two Field Box seats for the price of one (excluding July 4). Stripers' players will wear the popular "Worm" alternate hat, and fans who purchase apparel featuring the "Worm" logo from the Team Store will be entered for a chance to win a prize pack.
- Thursday Hook, Line & Sinker Special - Get four (4) Infield Box tickets, four (4) hot dogs and four (4) soft drinks for just $44 each Thursday, courtesy of Coolray Heating & Cooling.
- Stripers Sunday - Fans are invited to play catch on the field before the 1:05 p.m. game and kids (ages 12 and under) are welcome to run the bases following the game.
See the entire Stripers 2018 Promotional Schedule HERE!
Ticket plans, including the new "Stripers Fishing License" and the "Five & Dine" plan, are available for purchase now by calling 678-277-0340 or by visiting GoStripers.com. Single-game tickets will go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 10.
The Gwinnett Stripers open the 2018 season with a road game on Friday, April 6 at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Norfolk Tides. The Stripers' home opener at Coolray Field is set for Thursday, April 12 at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Rochester Red Wings.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.