LAWRENCEVILLE, GA - The Gwinnett Stripers are seeking National Anthem singers and an on-field emcee for the 2018 season. National Anthem auditions will be held at Coolray Field on Saturday, February 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Emcee auditions will be held separately on another date, but interested individuals are encouraged to submit their audition videos to the Stripers by Thursday, February 22.
National Anthem Auditions: All singers and vocal groups (five singers or less) must pre-register by downloading a registration form from GoStripers.com, completing it and turning it in to the Gwinnett Stripers by February 22. Completed forms may be e-mailed to Chryssi Attig at email@example.com. Pre-registered singers and vocal groups will then perform the National Anthem live at Coolray Field on February 24. No walk-ups will be admitted entry to the audition. Those selected to sing for a 2018 home game will be contacted at a later date.
CLICK HERE to download the 2018 National Anthem Audition Registration Form
Emcee Auditions: All emcee candidates must submit a resume and audition video to the Gwinnett Stripers by February 22. All materials may be e-mailed to Chryssi Attig at firstname.lastname@example.org. Top candidates selected by the Stripers will be invited to perform live at Coolray Field at a later date. The winner of the audition and the next Coolray Field on-field emcee will be announced in March.
All emcee candidates:
- Must be at least 18 years old as of February 22.
- Must be able to attend all 70 Gwinnett Stripers home games.
- Must submit an audition video (no more than five minutes in length) by February 22. The video should show your personality, include why you want to be our on-field emcee and why we should choose you.
- Will be judged on voice strength, presence and energy level.
- Must meet minimum physical requirements, including:
- Ability to gain access to various areas of the ballpark for prolonged periods of time during games and events.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- If selected for the live audition, you will be asked to act out on-field promotions, which include explanation of the promotion to fans, introduction of contestants and commentary where necessary.
The Gwinnett Stripers open the 2018 season with a road game on Friday, April 6 at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Norfolk Tides. The Stripers' home opener at Coolray Field is set for Thursday, April 12 at 7:05 p.m. vs. the Rochester Red Wings. Ticket plans are available for purchase now by calling the Coolray Field Ticket Office at 678-277-0340.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.