On the biggest night of the year for fireworks, the Senators offense had no spark and lost 13-0 to the Bowie Baysox Thursday at Prince George's Stadium. The Senators had a runner thrown out at home in the first inning and that's as close as they would come to scoring. The Baysox hit three home runs in the first inning, all with two outs, and tallied five runs. They scored 10 runs in the first three frames to run away from the Sens.
Harrisburg (47-38, 5-10); Bowie (42-42, 12-4)
In the bottom of the first with two outs and a man at first, Bowie struck for five runs on two two-run homes and a solo home run, sending nine batters to the plate and scoring five runs.
On Capitol Hill
• Tyler Mapes went the first 2.2 innings and took the loss. He allowed 10 runs on eight hits including three home runs.
• Andrew Lee was outstanding in his Double-A debut. He retired all 12 batters he faced and struck out four.
• Jordan Mills retired the only batter he faced, striking him out, to finish the seventh inning.
• Jacob Condra-Bogan pitched the eighth inning and allowed three runs on four hits.
With the Gavel
• Luis Garcia and Dante Bichette, Jr. both had two hits in the game.
• Ian Sagdal and Luis Sardinas both doubled.
• The Senators went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position and stranded 9.
• It was the Senators largest shutout loss since June 2012 when they lost 14-0 to Portland.
• Andrew Lee is the 45th player to appear in a game for the Senators this season.
The Senators play the Bowie Baysox at Prince George's Stadium Friday night at 7:05 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:55 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.