On Friday night at FNB Field, the Senators scored three times in the first inning and cruised to a 4-1 win over the Altoona Curve. Kyle McGowin started and struck out 11 batters in seven innings of work to earn his first win with the Senators this season. Harrisburg sent nine batters to the plate in the first with the three runs scoring on an error, single and walk. Jhonatan German pitched a perfect ninth for his first save with the Sens.
On Capitol Hill
• Kyle McGowin equaled a Senators season-high in strikeouts with 11. He allowed three hits, two of them to the first three batters of the game.
• Jacob Condra-Bogan allowed a run on two hits in the eighth.
• Jhonatan German pitched a perfect ninth with two strikeouts.
With the Gavel
• Luis Garcia had two hits and scored two runs. Garcia also doubled.
• Ian Sagdal had an RBI single.
• Rhett Wiseman tripled.
• The Sens lead the season series against Altoona 10-7.
• Erie rallied to win keeping their elimination at 2 pending the outcome of the Bowie game.
The Senators play game two of their season ending four-game series against the Altoona Curve at FNB Field Saturday at 6 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 5:53 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.