On Tuesday night in Richmond, the Senators (39-24) plated four runs in the first inning and cruised to a 6-2 win over Richmond (22-39). Harrisburg banged out three straight run scoring hits in the first inning and then tacked on a run in the second. Three Sens relievers combined to go the final seven frames allowing just a hit while striking out six.
After the Senators scored four in the top of the first, Richmond came right back and loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the first. Jackson Tetreault then struck out Jonah Arenado and then Zach Houchins on a fly ball to center field.
On Capitol Hill
• Jackson Tetreault came off the IL and made the start lasting into the 3rd inning. He allowed two runs on two hits while walking five and striking out four.
• Jacob Condra-Bogan pitched three scoreless innings for the win. Taylor Guilbeau pitched two scoreless innings and Joan Baez earned the save with two perfect innings in relief.
With the Gavel
• Tres Barrera had three hits including an RBI double in the 1st inning to put the Sens on top 1-0.
• Ian Sagdal had two hits, three RBIs and scored a run.
• Luis Garcia, Chuck Taylor and Dante Bichette, Jr. all had two hits.
• The Senators tallied 13 hits in the game and went 4-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
• Harrisburg's magic # to clinch the first half is one. Either an Altoona loss or Senators win and the Sens clinch Wednesday night.
• The Senators are 15-5 in series opening games.
• Several moves took place Monday and Tuesday. RHP Tyler Mapes was placed on the IL Monday. RHP Jackson Tetreault and C Tres Barrera were activated from the IL Tuesday. C Jake Lowery was placed on the IL Tuesday retroactive to 6/9.
Game two of the three-game series between the Senators and Richmond Flying Squirrels is Wednesday at 6:35 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:25 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.