The Senators exploded for 10 runs Monday night and beat Richmond 10-2 at FNB Field. Ian Sagdal drove in five runs with a home run, double and sac fly. Richmond committed four errors in the loss. Harrisburg scored runs in four of the first five innings. Richmond outhit the Senators 10-7.
With two outs and a runner at first, Tres Barrera walked after a full count to bring Ian Sagdal to the plate. Sagdal hit a 2-2 pitch over the 380' sign in right center field giving the Sens a 3-0 lead.
On Capitol Hill
• Mario Sanchez pitched into the sixth inning in earning his sixth win this season. He allowed two home runs and scattered five other hits.
• Brady Dragmire pitched 2.2 scoreless innings and Taylor Guilbeau finished up, pitching a scoreless ninth frame.
With the Gavel
• Ian Sagdal went 2-for-4 with a three-run home run in the first inning and tacked on RBIs with a double and a sac fly.
• Adrian Sanchez had two hits and scored three runs.
• Harrisburg went 4-for-10 with runners in scoring position.
• It is the second time this season Ian Sagdal has driven in five runs in a game.
• The Senators improved to 19-7 when they score in the first inning.
The Senators play the Richmond Flying Squirrels Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. at FNB Field. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 6:50 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.