Trenton scored the final four runs in the game to beat the Senators 5-2 Saturday night at ARM & HAMMER Park in Trenton. Rhett Wiseman gave the Sens a 2-1 lead in the second on a two-out two-run double. Mario Sanchez pitched six strong innings, allowing only an unearned run while striking out a career-high 10 batters. With the win Trenton takes the series and looks for a sweep Sunday late afternoon.
On Capitol Hill
• Mario Sanchez started and was outstanding in his six innings of work. He struck out a career high 10 batters while allowing just one unearned run without a walk. He lowered his ERA with the Senators to 2.93.
• Austen Williams went 1.2 innings in another rehab appearance with the Senators. He allowed four runs on four hits.
• Andrew Istler pitched one-third of an inning and allowed two hits but no runs.
With the Gavel
• Rhett Wiseman drove in the only Sens runs with a two-our two run double in the second inning.
• Nick Banks had two hits in three trips.
• TJ Rivera had his first two hit game with the Sens.
• The Senators are 2-3 on their six-game road trip.
• After the game Sunday and an off-day Monday, the Senators are home for three games against Altoona Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
• Sunday is the final regular season meeting with Trenton.
The Senators play the Trenton Thunder in game three of their three-game series Sunday in Trenton at 5:00 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 4:50 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.