2021 Season FAQs
Hops fans! We are beyond excited to be talking baseball and to welcome you back to Ron Tonkin Field this spring! This season is going to be a little different, so we are providing some helpful information as we look forward to the start of the season on May 4th. Please keep in mind that we are required to follow all state, local, and league guidelines, and we thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we continue to provide a safe environment for baseball in Hillsboro.
Additionally, we are implementing an all-digital ticket experience to ensure the safety of both our fans and staff. The MyHops Tickets page is a great place to start for more information on how to access your account. We have worked with Tickets.com to make sure the digital ticket experience is an easy transition for you. As always, your sales representative is available to assist you. You can reach them by calling our office.
Below are more details about the 2021 season. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 503-640-0887.
What is the plan for my tickets for 2021?
Due to restricted capacity limitations from the State of Oregon, we will be dividing the season into four attendance quarters with the anticipation that capacity restrictions will relax as the season progresses. For the first quarter (home games in May), we will be at 25% capacity and required to seat patrons in socially distanced pods. We will provide updates regarding attendance changes for future quarters as we hear from state and local officials.
How will tickets be handled during periods of the season that require socially distanced pods?
During attendance quarters of the season in which we are required to socially distance attendees into pods, we will be converting your tickets to credit. All season members will be provided with a redemption time to book the best available seats for games during that quarter. Credit will be redeemable within your MyHopsTickets account, or by calling your sales representative. You are not required to use these credits if you would prefer to not attend under this format. Credits will be held in your account until consumed.
When will I be able to start redeeming my credits?
There will be designated exchange start dates for each attendance quarter. You may exchange credits after the start dates have passed.
Please keep in mind you can always redeem credit after these dates; these times are solely provided for early access. You will be notified via email when a new quarter is released.
What happens if I do not use my credit in that month?
Credits can be carried for the entire 2021 season. If you do not use them in the month that is open, you may still use them for the rest of the season. In the event you do not use all of your credit during the 2021 season, they will be available to use for your 2022 season renewal.
When will tickets/credits be made available for each quarter of the season?
We will send reminder emails as to when you will be able to access your credits and select seats for each quarter. Dates and times for redemption will be assigned on an account seniority basis. The redemption period will start roughly two weeks prior to the beginning of each attendance quarter.
Will you be social distancing Ron Tonkin Field?
Yes. Social distancing will be based on state and local guidelines and are in place for at least the first quarter of games in 2021. Once you redeem your credit, seats that would be around you will be socially distanced. Available tickets are already distanced from other available seats throughout Ron Tonkin Field.
How will I receive my tickets this year?
For the health and safety of our fans and employees, this year all Hillsboro Hops ticket will be provided digitally. For Hops games, the definition of a digital ticket; 1) is a ticket that you can print from your home printer, 2) or a ticket you can pull up on your mobile device. The Hops will not sell tickets at the box office and will not provide Will Call during the 2021 season, so please plan accordingly. To find all of the information on how to digitally download and scan your tickets, please visit our MyHops Tickets page. There are How-To Documents and Videos on that page.
Will refunds be available if we are unable to attend or are uncomfortable attending games?
After tickets have been purchased, no refunds will be provided. In the event you are unable to attend a game, uncomfortable attending a game, or the game is cancelled for a COVID-19 related reason, you may request an account credit for the value of your tickets. This request must be done in person, or in writing before gates open on the day the game is scheduled. Gates typically open one hour prior to the start of the scheduled game, unless otherwise specified. No credit will be provided if the tickets have been scanned in for use and/or the request for credit is provided after the stated time above.
Game Attendance Experience
Will masks be required inside Ron Tonkin Field?
Per the Oregon Health Authority, if you are fully vaccinated (meaning 14 days after your final dose of your vaccine rounds) and have verified your vaccination with Hops staff prior to entry, you are no longer required to wear a mask while attending games at Ron Tonkin Field. Children under the age of 5 are also not required to masks. All other attending fans will be required to wear masks while attending games, unless they are seated in their assigned seats.
Will bags be allowed into Ron Tonkin Field?
For the health and safety of our staff, there will be significant bag restriction for the 2021 season. All bags larger than 5” x 7” must be clear on all sides for easy examination. Exceptions to this rule are medical bags and diaper bags. Bags deemed to be in violation of this policy must be returned to your vehicle. The Hillsboro Hops will not hold any personal items that are not permitted inside the ballpark.
Will re-entry be allowed into Ron Tonkin Field?
Ballpark re-entry will not be allowed at Ron Tonkin Field, unless otherwise directed by the Public Address Announcer during the game you are attending. Ron Tonkin Field is a smoke-free and vape-free facility. Please make sure you have all necessary items before entering the ballpark. Please review the bag policy above to best understand how to transport your items into the stadium. Weather conditions can change quickly, so make sure you have everything you need to be prepared for all situations.
Can we bring in our own food or beverages?
No outside food or drinks will be allowed inside Ron Tonkin Field, with the exception of factory sealed water bottles. Please note that health and safety restriction my limit the availability of public use water fountains. Therefore, we do not advise bringing empty water bottles that you plan to fill at the ballpark.
Will the MAX shuttle be in operation for 2021?
Due to health and safety restrictions, we will not be operating the Orenco Station MAX shuttle for the 2021 season. If you use public transportation to travel to the ballpark, please refer to the TriMet website or contact them directly to assess your options. There are also ride share options available, such as Uber and Lyft, that can get you from the Orenco MAX station to Ron Tonkin Field.
Are the Hops going cashless?
At this time, use of cash for purchases in any of our ticket, retail or concessions location is permitted, but cashless payments are preferred for the health and safety of our staff.
How are you keeping the ballpark clean?
Increased cleaning schedules around the ballpark, including an increase in our Operations/Janitorial staffing to ensure routine cleaning schedules are met.
· All disinfecting/cleaning to be done with only CDC approved cleaning supplies
· Added hand sanitization stations around the ballpark for both fans and staff
· Hops staff will regularly wipe down high touch points in the seating bowl and concourse
· One-way traffic in select concourse and berm areas
· Front Office, Box Office, Hospitality Spaces, Legends Club, Clubhouse (Hops/Visitors) Team Store, Concession Stands, Guest Service Table and all other public areas will be sanitized after each event/game
What are your policies pertaining to Food & Beverage stands?
· All employees will be required to wear protective gloves and face coverings
· Additional staff positions will be hired specifically to disinfect surfaces before, during, and after events
· Employees will serve all fans from buffets and condiment stations. Condiments and similar items will be served using pre-packaged servings as opposed to communal servings
· Markings placed in queue lines to promote physical distancing while waiting to order
· Cashless payment options will be promoted and preferred
What can fans expect from our game day entertainment?
Our promotional/theme nights will be limited this year, but we still plan on bringing you a first-class experience through our excellent HOPSpitality Team, fun ballpark music and quality videoboard content. Due to health and safety regulations the following experiences will be impacted for at least a portion of the season. Updates will be provided as regulations change:
· Autograph sessions with players will not be permitted
· Players will not be permitted to throw baseballs or other items into seating areas
· Certain areas of the ballpark may be closed to aid in physical distancing from players
· Our Kids Zone inflatables will be closed until we can safely reopen
· The Hops’ Team Shop will operate with limited capacity; cashless payments are preferred
What can fans expect for restroom procedures?
· One-way entry and exits will be designated and doors will be propped open
· Physical distancing markers will be placed on the floor to aid in proper queuing
· Restrooms will be sanitized frequently with disinfectant along all surfaces and deep cleanings following each game
· Every other sink and urinal station will be disabled to allow for proper distancing
What precautions are being taken to ensure staff safety and wellness?
· Temperature checks for all full-time, part-time, and contracted third-party staff members prior to entering the ballpark
· Prior to the start of each shift and continuing when appropriate, employees will be required to wash/sanitize their hands
· Ushers/gate staff will be prohibited to touch fans’ tickets when seat checking/scanning tickets
· Ongoing training to educate staff on new, updated guidelines and procedures