The Iowa Cubs have employment opportunities in several areas this season for part-time and game-day positions. The Iowa Cubs play 70 home games with the season running from April 5-September 3.
SALES ASSOCIATE - IOWA CUBS TEAM STORE
Part time positions available, 20-25 hours per week, shifts varying from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. including weekends. This position includes but not limited to, work with customers, sell merchandise, process and count inventory, assist with visual merchandising, stock merchandise, and package products for the online store. We are looking for professional people who excel in customer service, preferably with retail experience. Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds and spend a majority of the shift on your feet.
Send resume with a short intro e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendants will oversee Iowa Cubs' parking lots during home games and the high school baseball state tournament. Attendants work skybox and season ticket pass lots, as well as handle cash for paid lots. The position requires employees to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions with the average shift lasting five hours. For more information, email Andrew Quillen at email@example.com.
Ushers assist all fans with locating their respective seating location within the ballpark, and assist fans by answering questions about the facility and team. Ushers will also assist in keeping Principal Park clean and will work with the management staff to resolve any situation that requires attention. Other related duties may be assigned. For more information, email Nic Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personnel will conduct sales for 50/50 raffle around Principal Park. The position requires employees to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and to be on their feet for the majority of the shift. For more information, email Nic Peters at email@example.com.
Bat boys must be at least 16 years of age and will work before, during and after all Iowa Cubs home games. Bat boys report to the clubhouse manager and also assist Iowa Cubs players and field staff in a variety of duties. For more information, email Andrew Quillen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IOWA CUBS TICKET TAKER
Overview: This position will fill a variety of customer-service roles at Iowa Cubs home games. Ticket takers are staffed to provide fans with assistance and a great first impression of the Iowa Cubs and Principal Park.
- Maintain a high standard of customer service throughout the ballpark for fans
- Scan tickets to ensure that all attending guests have a valid ticket to the specific game
- Answer questions or direct fans to the correct front office staff member who can assist them
- Assist fans in finding their seats or finding spots within Principal Park
- Oversee ballpark experiences and alert front office staff if any issues need to be attended to
- Tend to any fan inquiries or concerns and take proactive measures to avoid issues
- Must be available to work on nights and weekends
- Must be able to interact with fans of all ages
- Must be able to work a portion of Iowa Cubs home games
- Must be able to provide quality service to fans and foresee issues
- Must have own transportation
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Desire to gain experience in customer relationship building
- Personable personality
- Dependability- displays punctuality, follows instruction, and responds to manager's instructions
- Willingness to represent the Iowa Cubs in a positive manner
- Able to work in a fun, fast pace environment
Job Length: The main duties of the position will run from April 1 through September 4. There will also be opportunity to continue this position past September 4 if the Cubs will host any playoff games. Most shifts will be 4 to 5 hours in length and will begin half an hour before gates open and conclude towards the end of the game.
Contact: Clayton Grandquist, Ticket Manager - 515-243-6111 or email@example.com
Pay: $8 an hour
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.