The IronPigs will don a number of specialty jerseys during the 2017 season, including a much-anticipated brand-new design for the return of "Salute to Philadelphia" Night on Thurs., June 29 at Coca-Cola Park. Last year's tribute to Philadelphia included a one-game name change of the club to the Lehigh Valley Cheesesteaks and was recognized as Minor League Baseball's 2016 Promotion of the Year. All five specialty jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting both IronPigs Charities and a local non-profit entity. Since debuting in 2008, IronPigs Charities has now contributed over $1 million in donations to dozens of local non-profit entities.
While the uniform and theme for this year's "Salute to Philadelphia" Night won't be unveiled until late May, other promotions for the 7:05 p.m. game on June 29 have already been planned, including:
- The return of the world-famous Phillie Phanatic for the first of two game-long appearances at Coca-Cola Park in 2017. The Phanatic will also entertain IronPigs fans throughout the season-finale Labor Day game on Monday, Sept. 4 at 1:35 p.m.
- Philadelphia beer selections from locally-based brewers. This game also features an extended two-hour Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. featuring $1 hot dogs and $2 domestic drafts.
- Philadelphia-themed on-field contests between half-innings.
Another highly-anticipated promotional night featuring a jersey auction is planned for Thursday, Aug. 10, as the IronPigs turn back the clock with the franchise's first-ever "Fauxback" uniform when they take on the Charlotte Knights at 7:05 p.m. The uniform - which is slated for a July unveiling - will feature a distinctively retro theme. Like all Thursday home games, this game also includes an extended two-hour Happy Hour from 5 to 7 p.m. with retro prices of $1 hot dogs and $2 domestic drafts.
The four other 2017 jersey auctions listed below all feature new twists on popular themes:
- When the IronPigs play host to a Miracle League exhibition game they'll also wear purple Miracle League inspired jerseys during their game against the Pawtucket Red Sox on Saturday, April 8 at 6:35 p.m. The Miracle League exhibition game has become an annual tradition at Coca-Cola Park as dozens of children will take part in the 10th annual event. The Miracle League is dedicated to providing children with special needs and other development disabilities an opportunity to play baseball. Presently there are 250 Miracle League organizations worldwide that provide opportunities to over 200,000 children and young adults with disabilities.
- The IronPigs will honor Mom by wearing commemorative Mother's Day jerseys featuring pink accents on Sunday, May 14 against Buffalo at 1:35 p.m. This Mother's Day game also includes a pink cap giveaway for the first 2,000 women 18 and older in attendance.
- Superhero Night on Sat., June 17 includes an out-of-this-world jersey theme as the IronPigs battle the villainous Syracuse Chiefs at 6:35 p.m. Fans attending this promotion will also be treated to post-game fireworks.
- The IronPigs' 10th anniversary gold jerseys - the first in professional baseball to include reflective twill and number technology - will also be auctioned off on a yet-to-be-determined date.
Fans can bid on their favorite player's specialty jerseys from anywhere with the easy-to-use Qtego service that allows fans to place bids, receive notifications when outbid and check the status of their item via text messages on their mobile phones. Fans without texting access can even call in their bid after registering their phone at Coca-Cola Park. Register your phone from anywhere in the U.S. by texting "Pigs" to 79230. The bidding begins the day prior to each jersey auction and ends promptly at the end of 7th inning. Detailed instructions on how to place your bid will be made available at ironpigsbaseball.com leading up to each auction..
Winning bidders of the jerseys will have the opportunity to go on the field immediately following the game to have their jersey autographed. Bidders not in attendance at Coca-Cola Park can either pick up their signed jersey at a later date or have it mailed directly to them.
This is the fourth in a series of announcements regarding the IronPigs' 2017 promotional schedule, detailed below:
The IronPigs are debuting the brand-new Bacon, USA, Membership Program next season -- a year-round IronPigs experience pass featuring numerous new amenities such as savings on parking at games and at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Coca-Cola Park, on-field VIP access to watch batting practice, access to an annual holiday party, an invitation to an exclusive player and coaches photo session and more. For more information, visit ironpigsbaseball.com or call (610) 841-PIGS (7447). Memberships and group outings are on sale now.
The 2017 IronPigs baseball season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
The preliminary promotional schedule (subject to change) is listed below based on all promo announcements to date.
- 4/6 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Fleece Blanket, Service Electric Cable TV & Communications (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 4/7 (7:05 p.m.): 2017 Magnet Schedule (First 5,000 fans)
- 4/8 (6:35 p.m.): 10th anniversary Garden Gnome, Capital BlueCross (First 3,000 adults 18 and older) / Miracle League Jersey Auction, Majestic Athletic / Miracle League Exhibition Game
- 4/9 (1:35 p.m.): 10th anniversary Oversized Pennant (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 4/18 (7:05 p.m.): "Pigs to the Bigs" T-shirt (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 4/19 (7:05 p.m.): J.P. Crawford Bobblehead, Toyota (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 4/22 (6:35 p.m.): Apron (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 5/2 (7:05 p.m.): Nick Williams Bobblehead, GIANT Food Stores (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 5/11 (7:05 p.m.): Steve Carlton Bobblehead, St. Luke's University Health Network (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 5/14 (1:35 p.m.): Mother's Day Pink Cap (First 2,000 women 18 and older) / Mother's Day Jersey Auction
- 5/24 (7:05 p.m.): Youth Cap, AAA East Central (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 5/29 (1:35 p.m.): Military Appreciation Day Cap, Nacci Printing (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 6/5 (7:05 p.m.): Jake Thompson Bobblehead, Coordinated Health (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 6/11 (1:35 p.m.): Youth Replica Jersey, Capital BlueCross (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 6/17 (6:35 p.m.): Fireworks presented by PSECU / Superhero Night / Superhero Jersey Auction, PSECU
- 6/18 (1:35 p.m.): Father's Day Trucker Cap (First 2,000 men 18 and older)
- 6/28 (7:05 p.m.): Youth Fleece Blanket, Lehigh Valley Health Network Family Birth and Newborn Center (First 1,500 youth 12 and under)
- 6/29 (7:05 p.m): "Salute to Philadelphia" Night / Phanatic Appearance / To-Be-Announced "Salute to Philadelphia" Jersey Auction
- 7/1 (6:35 p.m.: Six-pack Cooler, Coca-Cola (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 7/13 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Pint Glass, UGI (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 7/14 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Umbrella, The Morning Call (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 7/16 (1:35 p.m.): Piggy Bank, Toyota (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 7/24 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Christmas Ornament, United States Cold Storage (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 7/29 (1:35 p.m.): 10th anniversary Puzzle (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 8/8 (7:05 p.m.): Beach Towel (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 8/9 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Cap (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 8/10 (7:05 p.m.): "Fauxback" Night / To-Be-Announced "Fauxback" Jersey Auction
- 8/12 (6:35 p.m.): 10th anniversary Youth Replica Jersey, Coca-Cola (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 8/13 (1:35 p.m.): Youth Athletic Socks (First 1,500 youth 17 and under)
- 8/21 (7:05 p.m.): 10th anniversary Team Deck of Cards (First 3,000 adults 18 and older)
- 8/22 (7:05 p.m.): Wall Calendar, Nacci Printing (First 7,000 fans)
- 9/4 (1:35 p.m.): Fan Appreciation Day / Phanatic Appearance
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.