BlueClaws Director of Production Kirsten Boye will serve as a mentor in MiLB's new LIFT (Leaders Inspiring Future Talent) Mentorship Program.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Minor League Baseball™ (MiLB™) announced the mentor-mentee pairs for the inaugural class of the LIFT (Leaders Inspiring Future Talent) Mentorship Program. The mission of the program is to build continuous lines of communication and support for female professionals in Minor League Baseball, develop the next generation of women executives and continue to retain qualified professionals in the baseball industry. The formation of the LIFT Mentorship Program was announced in August.
BlueClaws Director of Production Kirsten Boye will serve as a mentor in the new program. She has been paired with Abby Kappel of the Rocky Mountain Vibes.
Boye joined the BlueClaws in 2015 and was promoted to Director of Production prior to the 2018 season. She is in charge of the BlueClaws in-stadium presentation as well as all graphic design, print pieces, flyers, and advertisements produced by the team. A 2010 graduate of Hofstra University, Boye graduated with degrees in both Video & Television Production and Theater. A native of Voorhees, New Jersey, she previously worked for the Camden Riversharks prior to joining the BlueClaws.
Mentees (individuals working in the MiLB industry for fewer than four years, also known as LIFTees) are paired with mentors (females working in the industry for more than four years, also known as LIFTers) with whom their application matched based on a series of in-depth analyses including current job responsibilities, long-term career goals and work history.
BlueClaws Partnership Services Coordinator Arielle Roth has been selected as a Mentee and is paired with Baylor Nicole Love of the Tennessee Smokies. Roth, a graduate of the University of Florida, joined the BlueClaws as an assistant in March and was hired full-time in September.
The 2019 LIFT Mentorship Program Class pairings, with mentor followed by mentee, are as follows:
• Abby Naas, Columbia Fireflies and Melissa Balbach, Daytona Tortugas
• Andrea Williams, Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp and Kelsey Carter, Bowie Baysox
• Angela Deke, Springfield Cardinals and Sierra Todd, Amarillo Sod Poodles
• Angela Olivas, El Paso Chihuahuas and Carly McCullough, Boise Hawks
• Ann Shively, Tri-City Dust Devils and Laura Warnock, Omaha Storm Chasers
• Anne Mapson, Lexington Legends and Christine Bowling, Stockton Ports
• Ashley Grotte, Harrisburg Senators and Veronica Hernandez, Modesto Nuts
• Baylor Nicole Love, Tennessee Smokies and Arielle Roth, Lakewood BlueClaws
• Carrie Adams, Minor League Baseball and Ashlea LaPlant, Everett AquaSox
• Christy Buchar, Erie SeaWolves and Mikayla Leroue, Boise Hawks
• Courtney Nehls, Minor League Baseball and Madeline Hamada, Fresno Grizzlies
• Danielle Gaw, Nashville Sounds and Jenny Katlein, Frisco RoughRiders
• Donna Kirby, Pensacola Blue Wahoos and Amanda Medlin, Greenville Drive
• Emily Jaenson, Reno Aces and Rachael DiLeonardo, Midland RockHounds
• Emily Williams, Sacramento River Cats and Courtney LeSueur, Birmingham Barons
• Janell Bullock, Down East Wood Ducks and Alison Streicher, Lakeland Flying Tigers
• Jen Yorko, Lake County Captains and Ashley Paxton, Las Vegas 51s
• Jenna Byrnes, Oklahoma City Dodgers and Julia McNeil, Lowell Spinners
• Jennifer Reynolds, Visalia Rawhide and Jacqueline Holm, Quad Cities River Bandits
• Jessica Muzevuca, West Michigan Whitecaps and Kate Lewis, El Paso Chihuahuas
• Kathi Beckman, Dunedin Blue Jays and Samantha Stawarz, New Hampshire Fisher Cats
• Kathryne Buckley, Frisco RoughRiders and Shelby Kirkes, Oklahoma City Dodgers
• Katie Beekman, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders and Ayla Acosta, Winston-Salem Dash
• Kim Parker, Burlington Bees and Betsy Haugh, Pulaski Yankees
• Kim Stoebick, Indianapolis Indians and Roxanne Grundmeier, Northwest Arkansas Naturals
• Kirsten Boye, Lakewood BlueClaws and Abby Kappel, Rocky Mountain Vibes
• Kristin Call, Myrtle Beach Pelicans and Anastasia Hamilton, Gwinnett Stripers
• Lisa Turner, Biloxi Shuckers and Julie Hershkowitz, Pawtucket Red Sox
• Melissa Harkavy, Las Vegas 51s and Cassie Tomasello, Carolina Mudcats
• Michelle Skinner, Tri-City ValleyCats and Jen Anderson, Hillsboro Hops
• Rachelle Madrigal, Bradenton Marauders and Megan Smithers, Charlotte Knights
• Samantha Saccoia-Beggs, Pawtucket Red Sox and Samantha Fletcher, Portland Sea Dogs
• Tiffany Wardynski, Great Lakes Loons and Hayden Barnack, Indianapolis Indians
• Whitney Campbell, Fresno Grizzlies and Stephanie Chapman, Biloxi Shuckers
The LIFT Mentorship Program was created by the Women in Baseball Leadership Committee, which hosts events and develops programs to bring together female professionals from the baseball industry. Women who have chosen careers in professional baseball can interact with and obtain guidance from each other to develop their careers, enhance their professional skills and build their individual networks.
The next industry event hosted by Minor League Baseball and the Women in Baseball Leadership Committee will be the 11th annual Women in Baseball Leadership Event at the 2018 Baseball Winter Meetings in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
- BlueClaws / MiLB -
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.