Wednesday's BlueClaws Game Postponed Due to Inoperable Field Lighting

BlueClaws, Asheville will play double-header on Thursday at 4:35 pm

(Michael Dill)

By Lakewood BlueClaws | July 11, 2018 5:20 PM

Inoperable ballpark lighting forced a postponement of Wednesday's BlueClaws game. 

---

Wednesday's BlueClaws game against Asheville has been postponed due to inoperable lighting at FirstEnergy Park.

The stadium sustained a significant lightning strike earlier in the week, which rendered parts of several light poles inoperable. The BlueClaws made every attempt to replace all damaged components, but due to the extent of the damage, and in the interest of player safety, Wednesday's game was unable to be played.

The BlueClaws were able to turn 90% of the ballpark lights on at 3:00 pm, and thus made every effort to play the game. However, at 5:30 pm, the team could not guarantee that the remaining 10% of the lights were operable and thus, after consulting with the South Atlantic League, was forced to postpone the game.

Tickets for Wednesday's game can be exchanged for any remaining 2018 BlueClaws home game.

The teams will make the up the game with a double-header on Thursday beginning at 4:35 pm. Thursday is Thirsty Thursday, presented by 95.9 WRAT. In accordance with the BlueClaws liquor license, alcohol sales will terminate at the conclusion of the fifth inning of Game One and resume again at the first pitch of Game Two. Alcohol sales will cease for the night at the end of the fifth inning of Game Two.

For tickets to Thursday's game or any other BlueClaws home game, call 732-901-7000 option 2 or click here to order online

- BlueClaws -

This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.

View More