Work For The JetHawks
Job Title: Assistant General Manager - Sales
Reports to: Executive Vice-President / General Manager
Start Date: October 2019
Position Summary: The Lancaster JetHawks are seeking an experienced Minor League Baseball Executive to lead the team's overall sales efforts (Sponsorships and Ticket Sales). This person will be part of the team's upper management with an opportunity to be involved in growing all facets of the organization.
- This individual will be expected to lead the team's efforts in generating new business across all categories (Sponsorships, Tickets, Groups).
- The expectation is this person will demonstrate an ability to not only hit personal sales numbers but also serve to direct and oversee the sales efforts of the organization as a whole.
- As a member of the team's upper management this individual will be directly responsible for the overall direction and results of the JetHawks Sales Department.
- The JetHawks have seen consistent growth for the past five years and seek an individual who has the motivation, desire and proven skill set to help take the franchise to the next level
- This person will need to show a consistent track record of growing individual and team overall sales results from year to year as well as the history of closing medium to large deals
- This individual will need to have a history of providing great customer service while building relationships with clients across multiple types of industries
- This person will inherit some accounts however will be expected to build a book of business through networking, cold calls, community events, etc.
- As a leader amongst the staff; this individual will be expected to take initiative in all areas of the organization and be able to use their past experiences to help further the growth of the Lancaster JetHawks
- This person needs to be dedicated to the industry of Minor League Baseball and be looking to take the next step in their career. This individual will have the opportunity to build their career through hard work, long hours and the opportunity to be involved with a fast-paced / growing organization and ownership group
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 4-6 years of related experience in Minor League Baseball sales (or equivalent industry)
- Extensive experience and proven track record of results in Sports Sponsorship and Ticket Sales
- Ability to manage and train a sales staff - with a proven ability to hit individual and team sales goals
- Ability to generate new business leads and close contracts through face-to-face meetings, phone calls, community involvement, etc.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with new and existing clients
- Ability to motivate and communicate effectively with staff
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives in a fast paced environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain a professional business image
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Commission and bonuses tied to direct sales efforts
- Competitive medical benefits
- Potential for re-location package
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please email Tom Backemeyer at email@example.com. No phone calls please.