Cashman Field Ground Rules
• Down the left field line, the PARTYZONE is on the field level adjacent to the bullpen…if a batted "fair" baseball bounces into the "PARTYZONE," it will be ruled a GROUND RULE DOUBLE.
• If a batted "fair" ball goes into the area where the bullpen chairs are located (down left and right field lines) and gets lodged in between a chair(s), the ball is DEAD. If the batted ball goes into the bullpen chairs and comes out, the ball is IN PLAY.
• The thrown baseball has to go into the dugout and stay in the dugout (due to the narrow structure of the dugouts at Cashman Field) for it to be ruled a DEAD ball.
• If the thrown ball goes into the dugout and bounces back out into the field of play, the ball is IN PLAY.
• The top step of each dugout "plastic floor" by the railing will be ruled OUT OF PLAY.
• The fence, 20' tall, has "four advertising" signs located directly behind the fence ("recessed") in left field, left- center field, right- center field and right field…if a batted ball hits the advertising signs and bounces back into the field of play, is a HOME RUN.
• Advertising Sign in Center Field: The sign stretches across the center field fence and is located directly behind the fence ("recessed")…if a batted ball hits the "Advertising Sign" and bounces back into the field of play, is a HOME RUN.
• The field dimension sign is connected on top of outfield fence in right- center field (364)…if a batted ball hits the "field dimension" sign, the ball is IN PLAY and is not a home run.
NOTE: The left- center field dimension sign (364) and center field sign (433) are located on the fence and are not connected on top of the fence. The dimensions down the left field and right field lines are 328 feet.
• There is no break in the backstop and/or screen area, therefore, the baseball is in play…if for some reason, the ball is lodged in the backstop mat or screen, then the ball is DEAD.