The Lowell Spinners, short-season affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, are proud to unveil their 2018 Promotional Schedule for the upcoming season and that individual tickets will go on sale Thursday, March 8th.
The promo schedule features many LeLacheur Park classics that have made the ballpark the Merrimack Valley's premiere source of entertainment since 1996. The returning favorites include:
- Magnet Schedule Giveaway (June 18 & 19th)
- Pirate Night (June 30th)
- Star Wars Night (July 7th)
- Nick Jr. Night featuring PAW Patrol (July 8th)
- Camp Day (July 18th)
- Armed Forces Night (July 19th)
- Princess Night (July 27th)
- Super Hero Night (July 28th)
- Harry Potter Night (August 5th)
- Mega Helicopter Candy Drop (August 12th)
- Country Night (August 23rd)
- $1000 Helicopter Cash Drop (August 24th)
- Uncut Card Sheet Giveaway (August 29th)
- Team Photo Giveaway (September 2nd)
In addition to the classics, the Spinners are also excited to reveal new and exciting promotions for the upcoming season. Starting with everyone's favorite giveaway item, the bobbleheads:
- Steve Horgan Bobblehead (June 29th) - Celebrate the Red Sox five-year World Series anniversary with the world's most famous bullpen cop! Featuring an appearance from Steve Horgan, join us for a night in which we honor all law enforcement officials who keep our communities safe!
- Flow Bros Bobblehead (July 29th) - There is no better bromance in Boston sports than Brock Holt and Andrew Benintendi. Celebrate their friendship, and magnificent hair, with this two-in-one bobblehead!
- Rick Linnehan Bobblehead (August 18th) - Houston, we have no problems here! Join us as we honor Rick Linnehan, the only Lowell-native to travel to outer space! Featuring an appearance from Linnehan himself!
- Andrew 8-Bit-intendi Bobblehead (August 25th) - It's the world's first three-dimensional two-dimensional bobblehead! As part of our salute to video games, get your 8-bit Andrew Benintendi bobblehead!
2018 also includes new theme nights and giveaways for the best fans in baseball!
- New England Revolution Night (June 20th) - Boston's favorite soccer team is in the house featuring appearances from Slyde the mascot and Wellesley, MA native Chris Tiereny!
- Pride Night (June 28th) - Celebrate the Merrimack Valleys LGBTQ community featuring a fun-filled night for everyone!
- The North of July (July 1st) - Before you celebrate the Fourth, make sure you celebrate the North! Join us on Canadian Independence Day for a night loaded with Canadian heritage! Now that's what we're talking aboot!
- Celtics 10-Year Championship Anniversary (July 24th) - Relive one of the most exciting seasons in Boston sports history as we pay tribute to the Boston Celtics 2008 Championship team! More details coming soon!
- Christmas in July (July 25th) - Santa Claus is coming to LeLacheur! Includes a LeLacheur Park Snow Globe giveaway for the first 1,000 fans in the park!
- Big Lebowski Night (July 26th) - This promotion will really tie your summer together! Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Big Lebowski featuring an appearance from Phillip Moon, a.k.a. "Woo"
- The Sandlot Night (August 7th) - Don't be an L7 weenie and come on down to the ballpark as we celebrate the best baseball movie ever made! Featuring an appearance from Chauncey Leopardi, a.k.a. "Squints"
- Christian Vazquez Lunchbox Giveaway (August 12th) - Keep your lunch cool with the coolest catcher in the league! Free for the first 1,000 fans.
- NASA Night (August 18th) - It's a theme night that's out of this world! NASA joins us for an educational night filled with live exhibits, space-themed demonstrations, and an appearance from real-life astronaut Rick Linnehan! Also features a post-game Scout Night Sleepover!
- Nickelodeon Day featuring Spongebob Squarepants (August 19th) - Who lives in a pineapple and is coming to LeLacheur Park? Spongebob Squarepants! Get your picture taken with Spongebob and join us as we turn LeLacheur Park into Bikini Bottom for one night only!
- Game Show Night (August 24th) - Game show lovers, come on down! Whether it's "The Price is Right", "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", or "Family Feud" we're bringing all your favorite game shows to LeLacheur Park! Don't miss your chance to take part in the post-game $1,000 Cash Drop!
- Jimmy Fund Night (August 29th) - Help us raise funds for pediatric cancer as we team up with the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber Institute for a night filled with one purpose, helping the kids!
- T-Shirt Giveaway (August 30th) - Everybody loves a free t-shirt, what makes this any different! Free for the first 1,000 fans
- Bruins Night (August 31st) - As the summer winds down Hockey season is almost upon us! Join us as we pay tribute to Boston's favorite hockey team! More details coming soon!
In addition to theme nights and giveaways, the Spinners also have special promotions almost every day of the week!
- Sundays - Play Catch on the Field: Families are welcome to come play catch in the outfield prior to every Sunday game from 4:30-4:50 p.m.
- Mondays - Military Mondays: Tickets are only $1 for all active and retired military personnel with their military I.D. at the box office.
- Tuesdays - Good Dog Tuesdays: Enjoy the game with your four-legged friend as dogs are welcome into the park FREE! (does not apply June 19th)
- Wednesdays - 9 Innings of Winning: A great prize and one lucky winner every inning! Entry is completely free! (does not apply July 18th)
- Thursdays - Kids Happy Hour: It's stressful to be a kid so come unwind in the Foul Ball Fun Zone with half-off wristbands from the time gates open until first pitch!
- Fridays- Post-Game Party: Whether it's a fireworks show or a post-game concert, you aren't going to want to stick around after the game every Friday!
Opening Night at LeLacheur Park is set for Monday, June 18th when the Spinners take on the Staten Island Yankees. Group tickets and mini plans are on sale now with individual tickets going on sale Thursday, March 8th! Tickets are available by calling the box office at (978) 459-1702 or by visiting lowellspinners.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.