Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (1:15)
- It was a week for All-Star Games in the Minors with the Southern, California/Carolina, Florida State, South Atlantic and Midwest Leagues each holding their midseason classics. Tyler and Sam discuss the importance of Minor League All-Star Games and opine on what stood out in this year's crop.
- Top-20 overall prospects Austin Meadows and Yoan Moncada were promoted to Triple-A Indianapolis and Double-A Portland, respectively, this week. The guys talk about what that means for each player.
- On the same topic, the two hosts close out the opening segment by discussing who could be the next prospects promoted during what is typically moving season in the Minors.
Kyle Lewis interview (15:33)
- The Mariners took Lewis with the 11th overall pick in the Draft earlier this month, and the 20-year-old outfielder joins The Show Before the Show to talk about his experience with the Draft process, his time at Mercer and his transition to the pro game.
Ben's Biz Banter (31:06)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins the show for his weekly podcast segment to talk about Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's Man vs. Marathon Night promotion and to preview his upcoming trip through the Appalachian League.
Wrapping up (43:00)