Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (1:45)
- Futures Game rosters for the U.S. and World teams were announced Tuesday, so naturally Tyler and Sam break down both sides, discussing which group of players excites them most ahead of the July 10 showcase in San Diego.
- With any list of honorees, there are bound to be some snubs. Our co-hosts provide their picks for which prospects should have been on their way to Petco Park for one of the biggest games on the Minor League calendar.
- Top overall prospect (and previous podcast guest) Lucas Giolito made his Major League debut for the Nationals this week, leading Tyler and Sam to talk about what they saw from the Washington right-hander and how difficult the jump to the Majors can be for some prospects.
Amir Garrett interview (21:46)
- One day after being named to his second straight Futures Game roster, the Reds' No. 4 prospect joined the show to talk about his first Futures Game experience, what it's been like to transition to Triple-A Lousiville and why he picked baseball over basketball despite playing college hoops at St. John's.
Ben's Biz Banter (34:37)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins the show for his weekly podcast segment, this time from the road while on his trip through the Applachian League. Ben offers updates on what he's seen in places like Greeneville and Johnson City and previews what's to come on his journey through the Rookie-level circuit.
Wrapping up (45:45)