Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to [email protected]. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Listen to The Show Before the Show Podcast »
Three Strikes (2:33)
- With Sam headed to Florida this weekend and Tyler (as well as Josh Jackson) off to Arizona next week, the guys open up the latest podcast with a discussion on what they're most excited to see in person this Spring Training, including Sam's look at J.P. Crawford's progress and Tyler's chance to catch Joey Gallo batting practice.
- The opening segment continues with Sam going into more depth on his farm system rankings based solely on pitching. He particularly focuses on why the Braves and Dodgers are so far ahead the rest of the field in this category.
- With the Academy Awards held Sunday, the guys close out with a talk on which prospect's life story would make for the best Oscar-worthy film.
Dominic Smith interview (22:10)
- Mets No. 2 prospect Dominic Smith calls into the show to discuss a recent New York Times story about the influence of his family. The interview also turns to Smith's life growing up in south central Los Angeles, the way he carries the torch for inner-city kids, his 2015 breakout season and how he expects his power to develop as a first baseman.
Ben's Biz Banter (40:38)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins for his weekly podcast segment to talk about Double-A Frisco's news that they are definitely installing a lazy river at Dr. Pepper Ballpark for the upcoming season. Ben also talks to the guys about the buzz around the Savannah Bananas, a team in the collegiate wood-bat Coastal Plain League that is replacing the former Savannah Sand Gnats at Grayson Stadium.
Wrapping up (54:12)