(Trenton, NJ) - The Trenton Thunder, the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, expect the eight millionth fan in franchise history to pass through the turnstiles tomorrow, July 23, as the team hosts the Altoona Curve in a doubleheader starting at 6:05pm.
The first of two seven inning games of tomorrow's doubleheader starts at 6:05pm with gates opening for all fans at 5:05pm. The game features a 20th Season Banner Giveaway (1st 1,800 fans ages 6 and over) presented by TD Bank as well as Kids Eat Free (All children 12 & under will receive vouchers for a free hot dog, popcorn and soda) and Dollar Hot Dogs for everyone thanks to Black Bear Franks. Monday's game was postponed due to rain resulting in the doubleheader. Tuesday tickets are good for both games, while Monday tickets may be exchanged for tickets to another game this season, except August 9, based on availability.
The Thunder's eight millionth fan will receive a prize package that includes:
- A luxury suite with food for 20 people for a future 2013 game
- a collection of baseballs autographed by Major League All-Stars Lance Berkman, Mark Teixeira, Michael Pineda, David Eckstein, David Cone, Bob Boone, and Paul Blair, NJ Governor Chris Christie, Philadelphia Phillies #1 prospect Jesse Biddle, former Thunder/current Yankees stars Joba Chamberlain and David Phelps as well as former Trenton and MLB Manager Ken Macha
- a replica jersey and hat
- the opportunity to throw a ceremonial pitch
- brunch for two at the Cock n Bull restaurant at Peddler's Village
- a $75 gift certificate for the Yankee Doodle Tap Room at the Nassau Inn in Princeton
On May 9, 1994 Brian Edmonson delivered the first pitch thrown at home in franchise history. Two years later the Thunder's one millionth fan passed through the turnstiles. The two millionth fan, Charlie Brown of Trenton, NJ, entered the gates in 1998. The three millionth fan was eight-year old Grace Conway of Yardley, PA during the 2001 season. Kevin Burch of Flemington, NJ was Trenton's four millionth fan during the 2003 season. In September 2005, Eileen Conville of Cinnaminson, NJ became the five millionth fan. Fan number six-million, Shawn Caple of Franklinville, NJ attended on on June 11, 2008. Angie Bernstein of Mercerville, NJ became the seven millionth fan on August 31, 2010.
Standing Room tickets are available for Tuesday's game by calling 609-394-3300 or online at trentonthunder.com.
- THUNDER -